View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Pernell Karl Subban; Erik Johnson has plateaued at best. Last year he was on his way to become a #1, EJ now has shown that his subpar hockey sense is his major impediment into being more than just a good #2.
And yet... he was better this season than last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
And games start a little bit to early out there in the West for people like you to share an opinion. I highly doubt your able to catch 4PM start times. See? Works both ways.
I live on the East coast, whenever I can't catch an Avs game (if it starts around 10pm and I have to wake up early) I'll often watch various Eastern teams. While I am very impressed by Subban's physical abilities, skating and overall offensive poise (ignoring the rough patches he will iron out with experience) he does not stack up defensively against EJ based on what I watched this season. The people who say it's not close in either direction are blatant homers, but the fact of the matter is a defender's job is foremost to play defense and since their offense isn't dramatically different, it makes sense to pick the guy who can anchor your team defensively. Especially when he has clearcut ability to be a steady 40-50 point defender offensively with the strong defensive game.