Tips for Defenseman...refinement
View Single Post
03-21-2006, 03:25 AM
Join Date: May 2003
1. Take a swipe at the puck when you're one-on-one without giving up body position. You'd be surprised how often it shocks the forward, and he shouldn't get by if you're skating well.
2. Force a 2-on-1 early. Right about the blue line. It's better to be dealing with an early pass, and then you're not screwing with your goalie. Again, you'd be surprised how many times you get the puck and all of a sudden its 5-on-3 or even 2.
3. In front of the net, when you need a guy to not score, hook your stick in between his legs, get fairly close, then, when the puck comes, fall and knock him down. The fact that you've fallen will make it seem like his fault, and properly executed, I never got a single penalty doing this.
4. Be agressive with your stick at all times and force turnovers. Learn to use both hands alone and to transfer behind the back if you have to.
5. If you're down, you're not out, swing your stick back the other way and get that puck. You've seen it in the NHL hundreds of times, the best do it.
6. When blocking shots, cover your throat.
View Public Profile
Visit LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's homepage!
Find More Posts by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1