View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 02:50 PM
avsfan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Erik Johnson isn't even close, his 5th in PK ice time, 3rd in Even strength ice time, 1st in PP ice time, and he doesn't play the other teams best. Johnson managed all of 26 points and a -7 despite clearly playing an offensive role, not #1 defenseman production. Johnson barely plays on the PK, unlike any other so called #1 defenseman. Johnson didn't even play 1st pairing minutes at even strength, what #1 defenseman doesn't? Let's face it the guy is unlikely to live up to his potential. He looks like a solid two way top 4 defenseman, not a #1 guy. He has the chance to become a very good player, but Subban unlike Johnson already is.

Subban is a #1 defenseman, people hate him for some reason but there is zero tangible evidence Johnson is better than Subban.

I've asked Colorado fans for something to post in his favor over and over, but they never do. All i get is, Sacco is dumb, anybody who watches knows Johnson has godlike ability despite his results and usage, and i know nothing about the Avalanche as i foolishly post facts to prove my points. Anybody who knows anything wouldn't use facts, and would state their apparently irrefutable opinion that Johnson is a future Norris winner. Go Avs Go!
I don't even know why I'm bothering replying as you always have something negative to say about the Avs but i'll take a swing at it. Ej isn't number one in PK time simply because the Ryan O'byrne and Hejda are very good defensive defenseman. Ej is our best defenceman, he is great defensively extremely strong on the puck, manages it well and is a great skater. The guys 23(I think) and is only gonna get better. Johnson is alot better than given credit for and I think soon he's gonna make people take notice.

And If the Avs had a better coach he would have more ice time. Sacco seems to reward hard workers IE. meat and potato's type of players rather than better players I think because he was in their position at one point.