View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 04:29 PM
hockeymass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craighockey View Post
I was playing or about to play inline hockey a week ago and as the game started I lost my balance after I passed the puck and landed full force on my right wrist. I was wearing my Mission hockey gloves which I feel might have contributed to the wrist fracture. It's not the brand that I'm blaming, it's the lack of actual wrist support the glove had and the over sized finger design that hockey gloves have. I felt almost as if my hand was rolling inside the glove as I landed on it. The glove to my knowledge fits right. I can stick handle and catch the puck fine with the glove, but what I want to know is how to avoid this in the future if I'm ever allowed to play again. Do players tape their wrists every game? Is there a better wrist guard solution? I'm really bummed out that I spent all this money on a sport I'm good at and some freak accident ends my season in one day. Any suggestions for wrist support would be uplifting. P.S. I already know not falling is one solution.
It doesn't really matter what glove you wear or what you wrap your wrists in, if you fall hard on your hands there's a chance you'll fracture something.

You could get some rigid or tight slashguards that might help support your wrists, but the best thing to do is just not break your fall with your hands, I guess.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote