View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Some news re the last part of the Jack Campbell trade with the Sault
as further details come forward,apparently the Spits will not get Bret Findlay or Colin Miller
as the final piece of this trade
Had the Hounds made the playoffs it may been the final payoff however because they did not the Hounds offered 1 of 4 players,whose names are Durocher,Alderson,Quesnel and import Elsner in return for a 5th rd pick
The Spits turned down that option,thus the trade is complete
The Spits as of now are going forward with the following players as their o/a
Sav Posa,Jeff Braithwaite and Nick Czinder
This development coupled with the possible and I stress possible loss of Alex Khocklachev
makes things interesting for the balance of the summer
Kind of disappointing. Findlay isn't great but it would have given Windsor a new face and probably spelt the end for a guy like Czinder who improved but is still inconsistent and doesn't have a very good work ethic. Instead now it probably means Braithwaite and Posa will be back on D and there won't be room for Brown or Sanvido to develop in Windsor this year. This is also big because like you said the Khokhlachev news because if he doesn't come in they don't have anybody that is equipped to play center on the top line. Ho-Sang will probably be on wing to begin with and urrently their only 2 returning C's would be Vail and Clarke neither equipped to be a top line guy you may find an import to replace Khokhlachev and that's okay but that's taking a big step back in the experience department. I really do hope the OA situation is shaken up because as we learned having MacQueen, Holden and Cullen didn't cut it this year. I can see the same things with Braithwaite, Posa and Czinder this year should be a bit better but certainly not a strong core, no 93's to really step up and carry a leadership role. With this news and possibly no Khokhlachev Spits would take a huge step back from last year.