View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Andre Poodle Lussier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
Your post will get ignored. too much for 2 guys to deal with at once.
To be fair, Bryz does deserve at least *some* blame but I think various folks who rail against Bryz and place the majority of blame at him think he has to stop everything thrown at him. He has struggled at times, especially early this year and in Games 1-4 against Pittsburgh, but without him I don't think we are competitive in Games 2-4 of this series and darn well may not have won Game 1 given how badly they played in the first period.

Has Bryz's play justified the big contract? He probably isn't a $5 mil per year goalie but is he an upgrade over Boosh and Leighton? Absolutely.

The Flyers were (I believe) in the bottom third in giveaway/takeaway last year as a team...their giveaways weren't high but they don't create turnovers very well (6th worse in takeaways). There are definite areas to improve next year...and yeah, Bryz can certainly squeeze his legs tighter more quickly to keep the five hole closed...or improve his reflexes a bit...he had some real bad moments out there...but in this series he is probably one of the better players for the team.