View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Lebowski

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
If anything it's quite the opposite. People expect Ovechkin, Stamko's and Crosby level impact. People constantly call him a bust or a disappointment but the reality is he's a 23 year old 1st pairing defencemen with incredible upside.

Just because someone would prefer him to Subban doesn't mean they are influenced by draft position, it most likely means they actually have watched him.
Erik Johnson has been in the NHL for 5 seasons now. Incredible upside? It would be about time he translate that said upside onto his game. Don't get me wrong, he's a tremendous defenseman, but he's ideally a number 2 on a good team. I can actually relate his situation to the up and coming Ryan Murray. A sure bet to be a reliable, steady defenseman, but not "the" go-to guy on a team, something I believe Subban has in him.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess, but Erik Johnson is always about promises and "upside" while the actual product you get on the ice does not really represent that. Like I said, a steady, reliable defenseman that can assume first unit duties, but not the general on the defense.

I'll just have to pick Subban here. He's just dynamite, on both ends, and he plays with an edge. And he actually does have an incredible upside.