View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
You would be in the minority with that thought.

A player won't get better beating up on lesser competition. Hamilton flat out dominated this year and has nothing to left to prove/do in the OHL... unfortauntly AHL is out of the equation, so NHL is probably best for him.

No point have him go back to JR's and flat out dominate.... again.

A person only gets better by playing better competition... also being around Chara/Seidenberg and other NHL professionals will do wonders for the kid, learning the game and slowly brought along (like Seguin's rookie year)

Expect Hamilton to be the #6/7 defenseman in Boston next year.
First, I'm not really worried if I'm the only one with an opinion or if I'm in the majority. I don't make opinions based on the 'consensus' thought.

As for Hamilton, I agree he had a great year offensively, no doubt. That being said, after watching him play I still feel he has a ways to go with his aggressiveness/physicality and defensive instincts. Too often he stick checks opponents as opposed to using his size.

Personally, I don't see the rush in playing Hamilton in the NHL. I agree the AHL would be ideal, but sending him back to Niagara so that he can improve his aggressiveness/physicality and defensive instincts, while playing in another WJC isn't the worst thing.

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote