Old
05-07-2012, 08:07 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Izod won't be considered even if it still exists, and w/ METLIFE Stadium now in essence the main venue in East Rutherford, why would the Nets have settled for Newark until the Brooklyn arena was completed, NFS, they've said as early as 2009, to end the I-Center bc it competes w/ the Prudential Center, and two arenas that close doesn't help either, esp.if PRUDENTIAL Center is the newer venue, that's why the Devils left for Newark after '07-08, Izod is getting to the same level as the Islanders are dealing with Nassau County in regards to their outdated facility, sometimes it's better to upgrade the arena, and didn't the Devils have issues w/ the NJSEA, which is another reason why the Devils bolted to Newark. all it is is 1/2 of Fordham's and if that university upgrades its arena, then there's no need for Izod, just as Seton Hall is also @ Prudential.
I was just listing it as a potential site for a team, and it's a moot point anyway as I don't think that the AHL will be moving into the NYC market anyway. And, even if they did, I'm sure a location actually in NYC would be more attractive of an option then a place in Jersey anyway.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote