Thread: EHM 07 - Part 9
View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Isles Enforcer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Anyone use the Roster update? I need help!

I have the 1st overall pick for 2008 draft (2nd in game) and my choices are Center Boone Jenner (ranked #1), D Adam Larsson (Ranked #2) or RW Landeskog (Ranked 18th)

All my scouts suggested Larsson. I picked him to come here and ask for help.
Landeskog went 2nd. Jenner didn't even go till 6th.

My top 3 dmen are Green, Seabrook, Suter, so im pretty set at D (4 of my top 5 prospects are dmen too) (I also have Quincy, White, Morrisonn, Seidenberg, and prospects like Alzner and Carlson coming up, so kinda a log jam)

Jenners stats were the most NHL ready, (mostly orange, had good defense too) Landeskog had really good offensive stats, and Larsson had pretty good stats.

Who should I pick? (i have a save right before the draft)

(if it matters, top offensive players are: Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Kesler, Brown, Knuble, Halpern. I was last because my D was brutal, but i fixed that by trading for the RFA rights of Seabrook. Also my goalie was Varlamov who was young so he'll be better next year.)

Please help!
I had the same decision. I had the 1st pick overall and decided to go with Larsson. So with that, Landeskog ended up playing in the NHL the following season and won the Calder Trophy. I signed Larsson but my board nixed the deal, saying the contract was unrealistic. Tried again the next season and Larsson would not come over. At this point, Jenner was in the ECHL. Tried again the next year and he signed. Had him in Bridgeport where he played solid defense. I'm in 13-14 now and Larsson is my #1 defenseman in Bridgeport, where the team is currently 17-0. Found a gem in a regen named Karl Whitfield

Landeskog is playing in the NHL with San Jose and Jenner is still toiling in the ECHL.