View Single Post
Old
03-21-2006, 12:32 PM
nilan30

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
About 10 minutes after Komo's goal I need to due some business. I opened up my trusty book, "Hockey A to Z". There is a bio on every person who ever played a minute in the NHL.

anyway, I always open the book up randomly, and what page did I land on but the Pederson page, which not only has a little write-up on former Hab first rounder Mark Pederson, but a bio on Allen Pederson, who some may remember patrolled the Bruins blueline for a number of years, then moved on to San Jose. Pederson played 238 straight games without scoring a goal, the all-time record which Komo really had no chance of besting given his recent close calls/confidence.

Coincidentally, Pederson broke the record of a cousin of mine's, Terry Murray, who is from my hometown. Terry went 220 games without scoring a goal and held the record for many years, all at the start of his career. I once interviewed him for a magazine I was publishing on Shawville's hockey history and jokingly asked him if he remebered his first NHL goal. Not surprisingly he remembers it in detail.

Thanks for that. I'd been wondering about that exact thing.