View Single Post
Old
03-21-2006, 01:05 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I disagree on this point.

Latendresse has shown that he can run hot and cold, and maybe a year in the AHL working on his game could be very beneficial in the long run. I'm sure he will receive alot more time in the AHL next year than he would in the NHL, and the AHL is alot better league to work on your game, than the NHL, so......

As for Chipchura, I think, again, in the NHL his ice time might be more limited than in the AHL, where he could find himself kill penalties, playing on the power play, and so on.

I wouldn't mind one bit if both guys played an entire year in the AHL before they were given spots on the big club.

Then again, alot of this won't be decided until training camp next year, so it is almost impossible to discuss at this time.

If the bull dogs next year can compete and win than I wouldent have that much of a problem but If they have a bad team like the one they have this year than its not going to help them at all. If they play on a winning bull dog team than there going to learn what it takes to win, and thats going to help them in the long run. If there playing just to get some ice time than its not going to help develope a winning attitude. I rather give them limited ice time on a nhl team thats good that way they can learn what it takes to win on the spot.