View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Al Trautwig
Throaty Roar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
It does. Florida came to play every night. Every guy gave everything they had. And Florida knew how to play team defense and had a ferocious forecheck.

Philadelphia does none of those things.

But, really, far more important than any difference between Florida and Philadelphia is the Devils. This team went through a metamorphosis sometime between Games 1 and 2 of this series. I don't know what triggered it. Maybe it was playing the Flyers and realizing that yes, they could compete with them. Maybe it was just one of those things where a team gets hot. But the Devils right now are playing hockey that is as good as they were playing in the second half last year during that unbelievable run.

The Devils habitually go on long, twenty to thirty game stretches of playing fabulously awesome hockey. We do it once a season, generally speaking. We're doing it right now. I don't know why it starts, and I don't know why it stops, but I know I haven't been this confident watching Devils playoff hockey since 2003.
Here, here. Since '03, it's always been watch with foreboding sense of dread. Even against Florida, I felt like we would still pull it off whereas against Carolina a few seasons ago, I was just waiting for something to go wrong. Watching this series against Philadelphia, I'm just enjoying our game, the way we are putting the pressure on the opponent and make them the hunted. It's just been enjoyable. My pride in being a Devil fan was more about our past accomplishments and what we stood for as an organization. Now I'm proud of this team for the product on the ice as presently constituted. It's a great time to be a fan of this team, and I can't wait to see them swarm it up tomorrow.