View Single Post
Old
05-07-2012, 10:54 PM
howlman

vCash: 500
I think the Wolves could surprise alot of people this upcoming season but alot of things have to happen in order for that to happen:

1. GOALTENDING: We need solid and consistent goaltending. Is Vienneau the guy? We need for him to come up big for us next season as an OA.

2. BYE BYE SGARBOSSA - IMPORT DRAFT: We will not be able to replace this player and his offence, however, the Import draft is the perfect opportunity to ease the blow. This draft is beyond crucial for the Wolves fortunes this upcoming season. The top 20 of this Import draft is stacked with young top end talent that want to come over and play in the CHL and will have an immediate impact, high end skill. Let me put it this way, we need to hit a homerun on this pick, he has to be one of our best players and one of our scoring leaders. We have to move up in order to get this type of player.

3. YOUTH MOVEMENT: We have alot of 2013 NHL draft eligible players this year. We need guys like Silk, Baptiste, Harris, Corbett to have breakout years. Give them lots of playing time! I think Harris could have a big year if given the opportunity. Baptiste and Pancel need to have big years and Pancel has the potential to get 30 goals and Baptiste to get 20.

4. LEADERSHIP: My pick for team captain without any hesitation, Kantor. This guy will be a force for us next season and the type of captain we need, reminds me of a Legge type captain. Kantor was our most physical, fearless, hardest working player, best penalty killer last season and we missed him dearly in the playoffs. He showed playmaking skills and offensive potential alot of people didn`t think he had. He was almost a point per game player once he came over from the Sault. Pancel-Kantor-Baptiste as a line next season has great potential. All our OA`s and 19 year olds need to lead by example and be our most consistent and hardest working players on a nightly basis. Vienneau, Corrado, Sefton, Kantor, Dodero, Leivo will have to be key leaders for us with all the youth we will have this upcoming season.