View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 12:24 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I said WCF but as long as they don't collapse against Detroit and play to the level they are capable of in the 2nd round I would be OK if the better team beat us.
Preds didn't play to the level they were capable of. Overall they played a decent series. Decent doesn't cut it second round of the playoffs. Phoenix was playing really good hockey all series, Smith was great and they got some puck luck. Preds had to up their game to win this series and they didn't do it. They waited until the last game to really go all out and by then it was too late. I don't know if the team thought the series would come to them naturally once we found out we were playing Phoenix or what. Even Erat admitted they underestimated the Yotes and by the time they pulled their heads out of their ass it was too late.

Yes, overall it was a pretty good season. However the franchise made it very clear success the year was determined in the playoffs and the playoffs were not as successful as the standard they were holding their selves too. The team went all in and because they did so did I. Like I said in my quote if I felt the better team beat us I would not be disappointed. Phoenix played a great series but I don't believe they are better than the Preds if the Preds play to the level they are capable of. Therefore yes I am very disappointed and now the reality of the team taking a big step backwards is in the forefront of my mind.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote