View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Neal Before Zod

vCash: 500
He showed flashes, but he didn't look like he's an all-world player in the sample size we had.

His incident in the Phoenix series and his play in game 2 pissed me off...but he looked good through most of the time he was here. I'm willing to forgive that if he's willing to commit to a contract.

That said, some of those "concerns" don't make me want to dump a ton of money into a long term contract that could become an albatross to our franchise. If he's willing to sign a modest deal (~$10 million/2 years or $15 for 3), I would be fine with that. I know that would take him to UFA status afterwards, and we could lose him after that for nothing...but I really don't want to dump $50 million into a player that I still think has some character issues. He's a pretty puck handler, and has a 26 goal 58 point season under his belt in the past...but I'm not sold that he's an 80+ point guy without the right kind of help on his line. If we sink a huge amount of money into him, we're going to struggle to afford a top line playmaking center -- something this team really needs.