View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
I believe I am in the minority, who is stoked to have Kaberle here.

Looking at our Defence last season without Kaberle... we were horrendous in the points department (we were right at the bottom) His inclusion at least made us respectable, and Subban started producing better right around that same time.

Having offensive options is a good thing to have in today's NHL. We truly have a team with a lot of potential for improvement, so long as it gets tapped properly...

Next year, a healthy Markov, Kaberle, and Subban will provide pretty decent numbers offensively. They would hover around the 100 assist mark, and all would be a a different type of threat offensively, which increases our odds of NOT being shut down IMO.
Having edges such as this on the line up is what is going to turn us around.
With these 3 guys, IMO the other 3 have to be defensive minded d-men.
Currently, we have Gorges & Emelin.

Campoli IMO isnt the right fit here, and is UFA anyhow, I believe the same sentiment as many, and think we should get another good physical d-man, who puts defence first.

Guys available this summer I'd like to see are;
Sheldon Brookbank ANA
Bryan Allen CAR
Shane O'Brien COL
Sheldon Souray DAL
Brad Stuart DET
Jay Garrison FLA (though, IMO he may be overpriced this summer)
Clayton Stoner MIN
R Suter NAS
Pavel Kubina PHI
B. Jackman STL
C White SJS
A Rome VAN
D Widemann WAS

Honestly, if we filled out our top 6 with any one of these guys in one spot. I think we'd be just fine this coming season from the POV of our Defence.

Diaz and Weber, Either one would be suitable for the 7th guy, Personally I like Weber, because of his age. In 3 years time I believe he does have the potential to eclipse and surpass what Diaz does today.

What is really going to help us going forward as well is the amount of defensive prospects heading in to their beginnings as a pro.
Beaulieau, Ellis, Tinordi, Pateryn in combination to some of the guys sticking around as the vets they can rely upon... Hamilton should receive a big boost next year, giving us more ample selection to choose from, as they are finally available to use.

I believe we have a good mix of d-men...
Subban's physical brand of hard playing offence, Markov's quarterbacking, and Kaberle's patience is going to work out well for us IMO...
Esp paired with
Gorges Stay at home shotblocking
Emelin's physical style,
and one of those UFA guys defensive game, with size.

a talented d-man as the # 7 guy in Diaz/Weber.

So we'd have a solid line up of offence and defence. One that can protect the net, and jump on the rush when they see the break.

When the Lightning won the cup on the puck movements of Sydor & Boyle... I liked how that system worked to make the rushes happen. I believe we are close to emulating that defensive formula here, WITH the inclusion of Kaberle.

I'll be the first to say I could be wrong... But I like the thought of it at least A quick transitioning defence, that gets the puck to it's wingers quickly. making for a higher amount of fast breaks (3-2, 2-1, d jumping in...)

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote