View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 02:55 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I can't see too many drastic moves this offseason. Perhaps Gaustad, Stoll, Konopka or someone similar. Schenn and Couturier will fill in to very good sized Centers. And in defense to those two as well, I've never seen Crosby and Malkin shut down by a Flyers team to that extent. I will agree that Richards, Gagne, Carter, and co were better, more consistent defensively...but they did a hell of a job against PIT. I think Read, Voracek, and Wellwood have all been pretty impressive defensively as well.
dont think there will be many major moves on the trade front. Not sure what gets done to fix the defense. Tough to say if they trade someone like JVR or try and dip into free agency but something needs to be done. Timonen cant carry the load anymore. Coburn can step up and maybe Grossman. Mez and that back could be a concern going forward with that back there is no telling what his back will be like long term.
As far as adding a bottom 6 guy, I am not a fan of Konopka. Gaustad would be a solid guy to have on the bottom 6. Not sure Stoll is a good fit here or not.
Couturier and Schenn definitely need to bulk up in the offseason.