View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 08:43 AM
cfaub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
You cannot kist skip next year and host the Memorial Cup. A Findley would of been good leadership to guide all those youngins next year and learn how to win. It takes very good older vets to show younger kids just how tough it is and keep them outta trouble. I recall Bassin doing this a few years back icing a real young team with little experience to help his kids out....major flop followed.

I see where your all going with building a team for 2014 but you cannot jump hurdles this fast. They should spend some pics this off-season and surround the young guys with good solid OA's. It may not be for a Championship but the value gained from them is worth it.
What did any of those players really add for the Soo. A bit of offence? Yes. A bit of size from some? Yes. The biggest things these kids need more than that though is leadership and looking at how the Soo went this past year I would think leadership is one thing they were lacking.

They were not a team that should have contended but they should have been much better than what they were and a lack of leadership seems to be part of the problem.

How much would any of them have really added to this team?

If they brought some offence that's great but if they lack the ability to contribute as leaders and mentors to the kids that need to take over the following year then it is a waste of assets since the kids will not likely have learned much from them and Windsor would still be in the same position the following year.

What happened in the Soo speaks volumes about the organization and how things were handled at every level from the onwership to the kids on the ice. Adding any of them would have been a questionable decision.