View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
There are going to be some Goalies on the outside looking in when the new season begins. There seems to be alot more Goalies then positions available next season. Here is a list of teams that I think might need some help in the Net.

Devils: need a successor to Brodeur
Islanders: Nabokov is only a 1 or 2 year solution
Toronto: I don't think that Reimer or Gustavsson are safe
Florida: They have Markstrom, but is He ready yet? Are They sold with Theodore or Clemmensen?
Tampa: needs a true #1
Winnipeg: Are They sold on Pavelec?
Washington: Holtby is most likely the #1 going into next year, but what about Vokoun & Neuvirth?

Chicago: Between Crawford, Emery & Salak, is there a #1 Goalie in that mix?
Columbus: The whole team is a mess, why shouldn't the Goaltending be any different.
Colorado: Is Giggy a stop gap? Is Varlamov a true #1?
Edmonton: Is Khabibulin still a #1? Is Dubnyk ready to take the next step?
San Jose: Does San Jose trust Niemi? Can Greiss step in?

Am I correct in any of these &/or did I leave some teams out? Who do You think ends up where?
Isles: I'd imagine Nabokov is the bridge to Nilsson/Poulin. I can't see them going after much in the way of goaltending this summer.

Panthers: Markstrom performed well in the AHL this year (.927) and looked good in limited starts in Florida. I think he's ready for at least a 1A/1B in Florida.

Jets: They're sold on Pavelec, but will probably need a new backup.

Caps: Holtby/Neuvy will be their netminders next season.

Avs: Varly is most definitely a #1. No worries there.

Oilers: I think they'll try to get a guy to do a split with Dubnyk, but don't think they'll pursue any of the huge names.

Sharks: Niemi/Greiss were fine. They need to address other areas.

I'd say your correct on Columbus, Tampa, Toronto, and Chicago, and I think each could be looking to make big changes in net. But I don't see the others making a huge splash.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote