Thread: Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 5
View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 10:44 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
The Caps got what they deserved imo.

The holding on the back boards, the closing the hand on the puck - theyve done that the previous 2 wins and last night when the Rangers tried to tie it late. Why the refs continued to let the clock go down while the puck was clearly smothered to run off time is beyond me. Between game 2, 4 & 5 there must have been 2 full minutes taken off the clock instead of several whistles.

I gotta give the Caps credit, i just dont know how this team is playing such great D considering the year theyve had. Its not that I dont think they are capable of playing such a stingy style, because i think they have some good defensive talent, its that they are sustaining it. Because its not just about the defense its about the whole team as a unit that makes that work. I thought for sure they would have abandoned it by now, even if it was for small stretches throughout the game. Credit the coach and players.

Thats why i thought it was so important to get that OT winner quickly, and while its so important for the Rangers find a way to take 2 goal lead in the late stages of the game on the road tomorrow. The Rangers need to play with a lead in Game 6, to loosen the Caps up and make them make mistakes. Thats why its so important that the Rangers continue to press if they find themselves with a lead. Playing from behind against this team is allowing them to really find their A game.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 05-08-2012 at 10:50 AM.