View Single Post
Old
03-21-2006, 04:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
I thought he played an OK game, his last two games were by far better. Well he scored, finally, I guess it helps in terms of popularity...

I thought he was more then ok, but all 3 of his past games have been much better imo. I was very impressed with the backcheck he made, and I would bet that's the thing Gainey/Carbo are looking to see from him. I have NHL Center Ice, so that means usually I get the other teams crappy announcers. Last night they were saying how they taked to Gainey and he was beaming about Higgins and how he feels as though he can play Higgins in any role cause he's so versatile. If Perezhogin can find a way to be more productive and stronger on the puck, I would think he will fit the sort of player Gainey/Carbo are looking for. Kostitsyn is in the same boat imo. What he has going for him is the body frame and strength that Perezhogin lacks, which hopefully will help in the NHL where it's hurt Perezhogin. The problem is that Alex understands the all round game since he was groomed in the Omsk school program, whereas Andrei I assume did not have the sort of training Perezhogin had, since he shows a lack of understand of the basic fundamentals.