Old
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
sure looks like goaltending was the issue we had in the past. what other issue could a goalie be brought in to fix, after all?

i think we agree on that.

if he's not the reason, hasn't he fixed the [goaltending] issues we had in the past ?

because I can't see him being THE reason we lost games 2,3,4. those games are the reason we are down, and if you want to be exact about, game 2 made it 1 game apiece.

games 3 & 4 are why we are down 3 games to 1.

nobody here [except 5 people here] claim Bryz was at fault AT ALL in games 3 and 4. So, not only is he not THE reason we are down, he's not A reason at all that we are down in this series = he's obviously fixed the goaltending issue - he's not a reason to ANY degree that we are down.

and thats all we could ask for after this inconsistent year from Bryz: just don't be the reason we lose.

and he's not.

Our goaltending problem in the past was mainly due to the inconsistency of the performance we'd get. We couldn't rely on our goalie to have an entire series of good games without a stinker or two. So far in the playoffs, Bryz has been pretty damned inconsistent as well. I encourage you to look beyond the last game and see the big picture, including the Pittsburgh series.

So, let's try and spell this out very simply: If inconsistent goaltending was the problem in the past, and Bryz is inconsistent, then that problem isn't solved.

However, just because that problem isn't solved doesn't mean he's been the reason they're losing this series. In the same way, just because Simmonds has has a bad playoffs, that doesn't mean he's at fault for the whole team.

I do not know how to make it any simpler than that. I'm sure now you're going to ignore any point I wanted to make, quote some random lines, and then say something which utterly fails to take into account anything I said.