Old
05-08-2012, 11:36 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Just hope he doesn't injure that back more seriously, that's my main concern.

Pulled groin/broken bone...I wouldn't be concerned. Backs really are different types of injuries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yea, I can see what your saying. Depending on the severity, which is higher closer to surgery, you can injure the back where you are out for a year+. It comes down to is it worth it for maybe one playoff game of Mez vs. Mez getting hurt for a longer period of time (which the chances are higher now than it is at the start of next season)
While this is certainly a possibility, I don't think it is something to really worry about. He isn't going to play unless (a) he can do so without much pain, and (b) is cleared by the team medical/training/whatever staff. If he can play in an elimination game where the defense has been embarrassingly bad, he should play. If he gets injured it surely would suck and that is a possibility, but this is an elimination game. It would not be good policy to protect players from potential injuries (i.e. far from guaranteed) in what could be the last game of the season. If this were a meaningless game, then I would agree 100%. No need to rush back. But this is do or die. If he can play and will give us a better chance to win, he should play. If he can't skate and is not ready to play, then he shouldn't play. Do or die, fellas. Now is not the time to be worried about hypothetical injuries that potentially maybe could possibly linger to next year.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote