View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Because he put up 54 points in 71 games and is 26 years old. On a team starved for offense. That's why.

He had a few down performances and seemed a little streaky at times and some people are a hair shy from calling for him to be cut loose. Same thing with Kulikov. He's one of the best defensemen under the age of 24 and has an enormous future ahead of him. But he had a bad playoff series and now there are calls for him to be dangled as trade bait. It's absurd.
Yeah, I was right, and I agree. Steeger is streaky, but he's a very good player who also played through an injury. I'm very happy he's here, and I believe he'll be around so long as Tallon wants him to be.

I really like Kuli, think he's a great young D man, but I wouldn't be opposed to moving him an elite forward. Don't expect that, so I expect him to be here next season.

Think the D should be:
Soup-Garrison
Kuli-Guds
Jovo(rather keep Weaver, but we all know Jovo is going nowhere)-Strachan

Weaver is a very steady defenseman, and I think the D will look similar to last season. Wish we could get Erik away from Jovo though. Would love to have him with Soup all season, but Garrison is the better option because of how Campbell can set up his cannon. Erik has a big shot, too, though.

Yes, I expect Garrison to be back next season.