View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 12:03 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

vCash: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
I haven't seen much of lindholm's play (nor much of the other players) but through various scout eyes they say he is more of a stay at home- non risky defensive d man who controls the flow of the game in the back end and maintains puck procession - which is all very good - fits our system since coach dineen preaches a puck procession type of team.... and i know he played for the same team as bengtsson (our 2nd round last year).. but I like what scouts say about skjei.. or schmaltz personally.. I think he fits the bill more because we need someone in our prospect pool that can effectively grow into a PMD d-man ala cambell..

I know ellerby and kuli could do that but both skjei or schmaltz could be a project that could pay off later when we develop him into his PMD role... we are a hockey team that is starving for offensive creativity and output..

I am no scout so ill def. take your word on it.. but just giving my 2 cents..

Mind giving me your background on wilson or skjei (preferably)?
Most of my viewing experience comes from the U-18 tournament so about 5 games. And with Wilson I watched some Plymouth games to keep up on Rakell.

I mean...I came away unimpressed with many prospects, Gaunce being one of them (seriously, his ranking is entirely based on being the best Canadian forward...there's no other explanation). Skjei was just BAD. Every time he touched the ice I found myself questioning why he found himself ranked top 20 at times. Turnovers, defensive breakdowns, slow....Wilson...I don't know what the big deal is. He doesn't even seem like a future fourth liner...I mean maybe.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote