View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 12:25 PM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Just because he is playong over here doesn't mean the KHL won't come calling offering big money to go back and play at home. It's all fine if his development is seemless and things go great, but as we know a lot of prospects have bumps in the road or take a while to reach their potential, if he decides to bolt when the "going gets tough" or the money is good like Radulov and Filatov then you can potentially temporary lose a big asset or even permamently like many who didn't come back(Morozov for one).
Why are you making such a big deal on something thats a long shot to begin with?

Very few Russian prospects drafted this high after having come to north America to learn our game and acclimate to our culture go back. The only guy I can think if is Radulov and he came back to Nashville. Can you name any other top 5 Russian drafted prospect who's gone back to Russia? A top 10? I can't think of any off the top of my head and the only names I think that we're dafted this high ALL play in the NHL despite getting humongous offers to play in the KHL.

This seems like your making a mountain out of a mole hill. Is it a possibility, yes. Is it likely, no.