Old
05-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What's a double standard?

Even if Grigorenko finished the year with mono and assume he had it for 7-10 days before they found it and it affected his play PLUS you assume that he had a sore ankle right after the WJHC. He is still Russian which makes him a risk(KHL). He is still a player that plays on the perimiter and stays away from physical confrontations with and without the puck.
I saw him play in February I think? It was against the Screaming Eagles, in Québec City. Grigorenko was much better than anyone on the ice: crisper, precise passes, strong shot, smooth skater (although I don't think I saw him hustle once), the thing that really annoyed me all game long is that he never was in the dangerous areas. He was always far away from the net.

It was just one game. But unless he had Mono already in Feb, I think the common conception that Grigorenko is a perimeter player isn't overblown. I think it's possible to be succesful in the NHL playing that style of hockey, especially if a player is very talented. I don't know if Grigo is "lazy", or if he just shies away from traffic, or if he feels he can produce more by staying away from the slot, but it certainly feels like I'm not the only one that noticed this pattern in his play.

And again, just one game. Maybe I just caught him on a cold streak.