View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That depends legend. If the Knights win 2 more playoff games they will have won more playoff games than Windsor since Rychel took over. Rychel will get a few more years but a lot depends on 13/14 if they host the Memorial Cup and are only an average hockey team there should be a lot of criticism. I agree last year the OA crop was better than this year but they only had a half year of Carrick and Brown. The first half of the year with those guys really hurt Windsor on the ice and probably impacted where Windsor finished in the standings.

Yes London has gotten away with 1 OA but we have all watched and the ones carrying London are the 17 year olds Rupert hat trick, Tierney GW last night, Domi a couple goals in the OHL Finals. If you have a terrific crop of 17 year olds that can fill the void you can survive without the top OA's. The concern on my part is that the guys that are dominating for London will all be back in 13/14.

We will see about this draft but for the past year I said their past 2 drafts were not good and I was told I was dead wrong and Rychel is still a terrific drafter. If people think this draft is better already then that tells me the past 2 drafts haven't been good.

I do think Plymouth goes by a different model, they trumpet 20 straight playoff years and always being in the mix. Yes their season did not go as people thought but once again I think they look to be in better shape this upcoming season than this past year. Vellucci still goes out and gets Ryan Hartman. I never said Rychel is bad I just think he needs to either find his fastball again or find something else because we both agreed Windsor doesn't look to be near the top in the west next year either.
Re the Knights

U are correct about the young guys being there for London in 2013/14 though I doubt the best of them all Ollie Mataa will be there
Their defence and goaltending as it projects to 2012/2013 is iffy at best,especially if Mataa graduates early as most hockey people expect
They also wont have the likes of Knight,Watson,Griffith,Houser,Mckegg,Cook,Tinordi and Harrington to go along with
Those players above plus Namestikov are what teams are focusing on thus leaving them open for the lack of a better word
No such ciushion will happen in 2013/14
As I have stated before the Knights are set up for this and next year,not so much so for 2013/14,although I admit they will be strong up front for that year too
As for Plymouth for next year,if there is no Nhl lockout/strike they will be very thin on the backend
Losing Schmitz,Levi and Troutman is devastasting, if Miller or Noesen leave they wont be as strong as u think,solid yes,powerful no
As for Rychel"s drafting the 2 years prior to this while not the best,Webermin turned out to be a bad pick,though not much differnet then the Whales taking Iafrate the same year and trading him,or when the Knights chose Tireney instead of Wilson his last nigts heroics not withstanding
My point being drafting not an exact science,mistakes made by all teams and windsor is no exception
The cupboards were bare pick wise the last 2 seasons,the price u pay for success and more full this year thru recouping picks
I dont have an overall problem with because of the success rate,I am sure 19 other teams would be happy with 2 mem cups, a final 4, a playoff spot garnering a generational player picking 5th is enviable and not to be overlooked