View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 01:22 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Re the Knights

U are correct about the young guys being there for London in 2013/14 though I doubt the best of them all Ollie Mataa will be there
Their defence and goaltending as it projects to 2012/2013 is iffy at best,especially if Mataa graduates early as most hockey people expect
They also wont have the likes of Knight,Watson,Griffith,Houser,Mckegg,Cook,Tinordi and Harrington to go along with
Those players above plus Namestikov are what teams are focusing on thus leaving them open for the lack of a better word
No such ciushion will happen in 2013/14
As I have stated before the Knights are set up for this and next year,not so much so for 2013/14,although I admit they will be strong up front for that year too
As for Plymouth for next year,if there is no Nhl lockout/strike they will be very thin on the backend
Losing Schmitz,Levi and Troutman is devastasting, if Miller or Noesen leave they wont be as strong as u think,solid yes,powerful no
As for Rychel"s drafting the 2 years prior to this while not the best,Webermin turned out to be a bad pick,though not much differnet then the Whales taking Iafrate the same year and trading him,or when the Knights chose Tireney instead of Wilson his last nigts heroics not withstanding
My point being drafting not an exact science,mistakes made by all teams and windsor is no exception
The cupboards were bare pick wise the last 2 seasons,the price u pay for success and more full this year thru recouping picks
I dont have an overall problem with because of the success rate,I am sure 19 other teams would be happy with 2 mem cups, a final 4, a playoff spot garnering a generational player picking 5th is enviable and not to be overlooked
I still think Plymouth is in a better situation even with those losses on D. I think Truttman is replaceable in the import draft or elsewhere. I think Levi is a big loss, never been a big fan of Schmitz. He never really delivered on that 1st round position he stayed 4 years. He finally delivered in his OA year but they probably have the assets to make a move. Returning Malysa, Crombeen, McDonald isn't a bad trio to start with. As I said before I am not sold on those guys going pro yet there's no need to get them in the AHL or NHL yet. If those guys do return I could see a guy like Meurs dealt for a veteran D which would help. Plymouth should target a guy like DeMelo or Percy and do what it takes to get one of them. They're 2 of the top 10returning D in the league. Heck Windsor should show interest in one of them considering how poor their D has been lately.

I just get the idea too much of an emphasis is being put on the run year and not 12/13. As the saying goes you're only as good as your last season. We can talk about the generational talent like Ho-Sang but right now Hartman is probably better than Ho-Sang.