View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I would love to have either Percy or DeMelo on Windsor"s defence thought I doubt Missy will trade either
I am surprised u think so highly re the Whalers,yes real good upfront,1 good goalie and a very questionable defence
The 3 u write about are not as good as Posa,Braithwaite,Ebert,Bateman and Devlin
If Seiloff comes thens its no comparison,
As for Hartman he does have 2 years on HoSang age wise,though at the end of the day I feel HoSang is indeed the real deal and he will show it
I dont get the feeling that the club is de-emphasizing this year,mge and staff are determined to show considerable improvement,and there is room for improvement from everybody returning.
I dont think the team will sell the farm to be great this year and they should not
I am looking for improvement not to be dominant at least not yet
You won't get me to say that Braithwaite and Devlin are better than Crombeen. In fact if Devlin this upcoming year has the year Crombeen had I think everybody would be estatic. I am fine with Ebert, even Posa and to a lesser extent Bateman. Not sold on Braithwaite he's never been a plus player in his OHL career and he's now headed to his OA season. He hasn't been on great teams but let's be honest after 4 years in the OHL and looking at your 5th season you are what you are. He's not going to be a top shutdown pairing D guy after not delivering the past 4 years.

I don't think they have to sell the farm but they need to make the impression they are serious about being a top bidder for the Memorial Cup and for the public that means having a top team this year. As you said player options are different than they were in the past but that means Windsor has to adjust to that. I don't think you can just go up to a kid and say "hey look we won a Memorial Cup in 09 and 10 come play for our team." The kid will want to know why haven't they won in the past couple years. Will I end up playing for a good coach in Boughner or will he leave before I finish my junior career? Those are honest questions to ask and I think the second one is the biggest. London will be interesting because Hunter left midseason but in Kitchener and Plymouth we all know Spott and Vellucci aren't going anywhere. London had the Hunter angle as well that he wasn't going anywhere but as soon as Windsor had 2 straight years Boughner bolted. Say for instance a kid like Schmaltz wanted to come now but wanted to know if Boughner was going to be there as long as he would be there. Can Rychel and Boughner give him the honest answer?

Last edited by RayzorIsDull: 05-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.