Old
05-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
If we could trade kaberle for a 4th line player, will we do it?
Sign me up. Although bear in mind that it oughtn't be a total albatross "4th line player"... as in, Scott Gomez may meet some definitions of "4th line player", just as Kaberle himself is now a "bottom pairing defenseman". If it's a hard-working cheap decent $700k plugger forward who fits a "standard definition", fine. But I reserve the right to examine the fine print on any specific "4th line player" named.

I'll also take the 5th round draft pick or generic prospect.

Bottom line being that I really don't believe in Kaberle anymore. Liked him lots in his day, but just haven't seen him look good enough in recent seasons to think that I couldn't spend his cap hit on a more effective player. It's always a gamble, but if I could cash in his payroll chips for the opportunity to just *try* and spend them better elsewhere, I'd take that chance.

But I won't "blame" our GM if he doesn't take the chance. Kaberle isn't totally hideous yet, and non-hideous defensemen are usually marketable, especially as time and money come off their contracts, and always moreso mid-season than in the off-season.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote