Thread: Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 5
View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 03:22 PM
egelband

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I think some of the people posting about how disgusting it is when fans "give up" are

ridiculous. It's not giving up, I can think of only 2 people (maybe 1) on here that **** all over

the Rangers when they're down. Others are only frustrated or angry at the current situation.

There are all types of fans. The ones who are mellow, the ones who are rowdy and dumb, the

ones who have hope until the end and the ones who are more pessimistic about things (who

can still be happy after the Rangers win) you know why? Because they're fans. Same as you

guys who rag on the fans who get pissed when the team is losing. We're all fans of this team,

whether or not some fans get angry or show frustration or some keep optimistic until the end

doesn't matter. You guys posting that you're sickened by negative Ranger fans are no better

than the fans who sicken you. Can't all the Ranger fans in these boards just be happy about a

win?
thank you.

i don't post a ton but like reading the commentary here. but one of the few very annoying things is the sub-sector of posters who constantly worry and complain about who's the better fan. 'go to hell everyone who gave up' or calling out specific posters cuz they were critical or, god forbid, lost faith in the team...it just isn't compelling hockey talk. it's...catty.
maybe there should be a separate section where posters can one-up each other and determine who's the best and most appropriate fan. also, the huge generalizations about fanbases is dumb. sens fans are dumb...caps fans are arrogant...really?
let's just talk hockey. not about ourselves and other fans.

my two cents...peace.