vCash: 500
A really interesting overager:

Jordan Martinook, C/LW

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 209 lbs

Club: Vancouver Giants, WHL

Stats: 72GP - 40G - 24A - 64 Pts - 80 PIM

Quote:
Martinook might be attractive for teams seeking an emerging power forward. He's a north-south player with superb foot speed and an outstanding wrist shot. He's six feet, 209 pounds and a Cy Young type, scoring more than he assists (30 goals, 14 helpers).

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/M...#ixzz1uJV7NQxI
Quote:
The youngster emerged as a strong two way, power forward this season and into the playoffs, where he took his game to the next level. In the first round of the WHL playoffs, the six-foot Leduc resident took his physical and offensive brand of hockey to the next level. In the 4-2 series loss to the Seattle Thunderbirds, Martinook was second in scoring with nine goals in six games, with three goals and six assists. He was also a plus five and recorded only two penalty minutes. Eight of those nine points came in the first two games of the series, which allowed him to win player of the week honours for the last week of March.

With two full WHL seasons under his belt, Martinook is looking towards the next step in his hockey career —a shot at the pros. At 19 he is still available to be drafted by a National Hockey League (NHL) team, but that’s not his only option.

“My goal for the upcoming year is to hopefully go pro. I’ve got some interest, but at this point I have to wait and see,” he explained.

Last year’s offseason training was a big reason for Martinook’s success this year, something he hopes he can recreate again over the next few months, but different scenarios will be awaiting him if his pro hockey dreams come true for 2012-2013.

“I’ll be training to not only play against 18-20 year olds, but against guys who are playing to feed their families. I’m going to need to get stronger and better in every aspect.”

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 05-08-2012 at 04:30 PM.