View Single Post
Old
05-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
There's still been no official word on that, Bobsled.

I base my "thoughts" on a meeting held at the end of March between Howard Dolgon, Rock Newman, and Bob Ohrablo. Word thru the grapevine was a few members of Panthers Management were part of that meeting.

That last part is rumor and such, but the meeting between Dolgon, Newman, and Ohrablo most certainly did take place.

Now, nothing has been divulged to the public yet either regarding the Crunch's new NHL affiliate. But if you subscribe to reading "tea leaves", nepitism, and the ol' saying "walks, quacks, looks like a duck, it must be a duck" then that's where I'm drawing my conclusions from.

What gets announced this Thursday at 2:30 should be the "tell-all" sign.

or... the "cat's" outta the bag, so to speak.
I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who wants to call him 'Bobsled'.

and 'nepitism' isn't quite the right word, and not just because it's speeled wrong. Nepotism has to do with family members getting favorable treatment...or Napoleon or something. Napoleon did make his brother the King of Spain, so maybe.

Something worth remembering is that at the presser where they announced the team name, Ohrablo (I think) said that the Lightning would be playing another exhibition game in Orlando. That'll be awkward if they go with the Kitties.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 05-08-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote