View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 12:52 AM
roseyc

vCash: 500
This was dissapointing because I thought we had the pieces to at least get to the western conference finals if not win it all. Phoenix outplayed us and beat us to the puck. Smith played good but we didn't challenge him to the point where he had to make the diving or sprawling save. Like Niemi two years ago he made the saves he needed to make and the rest of the Yotes took care of the rest. I thought after we beat Detroit that we would have trouble getting up for another oppenent because the Wings take so much out of us emotionally and when it was the Yotes then it made it more difficult because we didn't have any history with them. We could have won game one and should have. We totally lost game two and looked bad in doing it. Down now 2-0 We responded with total shutdown effort and with the suspension hovering over this team we were spent and never recovered we emptied the tank and had nothing left.. Game 4 The series was over when you can't score in your own barn and loose 1-0. Would Rad and Ak made a difference...we'll never know..but I doubt it. We don't have the leadership offensively to make a difference. Trotz line combos all year are mystifying to say the least and when it comes to the playoffs it gets more charismatic. The decision of Yip is questionable and the way Wilson was handled lacked inovation and ability to adapt to the talent on the ice. Radulov never jelled with anyone but we don't have that type of center to feed him the puck and he started to be the center which left his wings of Legwand and Bourque to do the finishing which proved futile. He waited to long to slide Sk down. I think Trotz would best serve a team like Columbus who is trying to find it's identity we need a coach who can coach both sides not just defense. Tippet showed that the style that we play when played properly has to finish and we haven't come playoff time. Trotz's words and time has come to an end. He can coach the underachieving but not the favorite. But I don't expect anything to happen at all. We'll be doing the same conversation come next spring again...what could have been ....

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote