View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 01:39 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
This series has taken more of an emotional toll on me, than any other since 94.

Specifically game 3 and 5.

In my 20 years of being a die hard hockey fan and Rangers fan, i have never felt such a sudden change from extreme low to high the way i did on Monday night in game 5.

While the series wouldn't have been over, and this team has come back from a two game deficit facing elimination and winning, had we lost Monday, it would have been a disaster.

Going into that game on Monday, it was the single most important game this franchise/organization/club/what have you, has played since game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in 1994. The implications were HUGE. Win and be one win away from going to the Conference Finals. Lose and be one loss away from elimination.

If they lost/lose and subsequently lost/lose the series, it would have/would be the single biggest disappointment in modern history for this club. Being the number one seed in the East, the highest remaining seed in the playoffs, the adversity they've overcome, the challenges they've faced all year. From Europe, a slow start, to catching fire, sustaining it, having a bullseye on our backs all season through the Winter Classic and HBO, to a tough and tight stretch run, to a hellish first round victory over an underrated Senators team, to now in this series against a club that has eliminated us twice in three seasons.

This club deserves to win. They bust their *****. They fight for each other. They fight for their fans. They overcome, they rise to adversity.

Game 3 and 5 are two of the greatest hockey games I've ever seen and experienced. Emotionally.

We have a lot of work ahead of us. But I love this team and i believe in them.

In conclusion...this series so far has been an instant classic. One of the top three i have ever experienced. In my opinion.

1- 94 ECF
2- 94 SCF
3- This one.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote