Thread: News Article: Sutter and Flames Part Ways
View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 03:29 AM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Little bit of a harsh post from someone who had no idea of how the team was run. You don't know if Sutter was influenced or anything like that. Sutter wasnt a terrible coach like you say, he coached the team to a winning record every year just not playoffs. Just because he didn't work out in Calgary doesn't make him a bad coach, to expect him to ice a top 4 team in the conference each year is unlikely. Until you can tell me strategy after strategy and how the team was exactly run don't go making assumptions and implying the flames struggles lie on his shoulders. Big words from a guy who has never been in the shoes of an NHL coach before
I understand as a fan we judge based on the record, but you don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Sutter is a good guy and is not a hack like you describe, if he were I don't think he would have been picked to coach the Canadian Team right now.
I am judging him based on his time in Calgary and New Jersey, he had the same issues with both teams. That is one hell of a coincidence.

Also coaching international hockey is different than coaching NHL hockey.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote