View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 11:28 AM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Bingo. I'll also add, responsible puck possession, and discipline.

In our series, even strength scoring was pretty much even. Philly got put on the powerplay way too much.
Posted this in the 75 thread, but I think it's worth posting again:
From: Devils' Martin Brodeur: Must've been tough for Flyers to talk to themselves (nj.com)

Quote:
"The main key is discipline," Patrik Elias said.
Brodeur agreed.
“Stay disciplined. You could talk about scoring goals, forechecking them and playing well and all that,” Brodeur said, “but I think what was tough on them was us not retaliating to any of the stuff they were doing and all the stuff they were saying every single game. Guys just turned away and didn’t respond to anybody.
“They were able to get Pittsburgh all wrapped up in that stuff. It must’ve gotten tough on them a little bit to just talk to themselves all day long.”
Yes, Flower could have been better. But, it's not like Bryz is really a better goaltender than him.

Yes, our defense could have been better. But, it's not like theirs was any better and weren't battling injuries.

For whatever reason, our team wasn't able to walk away from Philly's ******** and that's really what lost us that series.

Don't get me wrong, I still think this team has system/coaching issues. But if they could have kept their **** together and stayed disciplined ... well, it's a moot point now. The discipline issues fall to both the players as individuals and the coaching staff. Hopefully, next season they don't fall into that trap again.

DegenX is offline   Reply With Quote