Old
05-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post

Assuming Nash stays, I figure Johan will be centering what amounts to the second line. We don't have a true #1C at this point yet, but we have a reasonable chance of having two #2Cs, and that's still above-average for the Blue Jackets.

I'm much more concerned about the situation at RW. I can't see any way to patch that situation outside of bringing in guys like Brad Boyes and hoping for fluke seasons. Seriously, right now our right wingers are Attaboy - whom heavily relying on would be a mistake given his youth - and (assuming we resign him) Dorsett. And that's it.

Frankly, our top-6 forward depth is such that I don't think it's possible for us to trade Brassard without suffering mightily. I'm not averse to trading Methot to attempt to address that, but then we need a spare shutdown blueliner in case of injuries or regression. (I wouldn't mind having a spare without trading Methot, but, well, Moore needs ice time, right? )

If Nash goes, of course, then all this goes up in the air depending on the return.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote