View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 12:18 PM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Yeah all of us clamored for a sniper because we had so many playmakers on the team already, but the trouble now is we have some pretty good wingers without a true top line center who can control the play in the offensive end and set up plays for those wingers. All of the wingers were trying to make the plays by either sending the puck across the ice to the other wing, sending it back to the point, or trying to feed it through to a center who couldn't do much with it.

Let's not forget that Phoenix is also a very good defense team this year. I do think we need a number 1 center (and we have for a while), but I don't think Poile needs to necessary panic just because of this series.
Legwand has had plenty of time to be a top line center he just is not getting the job done these days. I like Fisher just as much as the next guy but he as well is not a top line center. He was not one for the Sens and as much as i respect his game and hardwork he does not have the skill to be the top line center this team needs. Him or Leggy as a 3rd line center would bring great rewards IMO. However, then you run into paying a 3rd line player 4m a year. You insert Smith into a top line Center or Winger and the same with Wilson. If Wilson cannot be on Trotz top 2 lines he needs to be traded. High skill guys are not going to get what you want out of them playing with Yip and Toots

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote