View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Cliffy1814

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess11 View Post
When they are winning they are huge, New York in my opinion is the #1 Bandwagon City. Look at what happened to the Giants this year, the Jets the previous two years went to the AFCCG and every one was a Jets fan, the Giants go on a tear and everyone and their mother was a Giants fan and forgot about the Jets. Its very very annoying stick to your team people through thick and thin.
I must admit that I am never satisfied when it comes to hockey coverage in this area. I spend most of my time lamenting the fact that nobody in the media/sports radio will spend 2 minutes discussing the Rangers, but then when the media starts talking/writing about hockey their lack of knowledge about it is so overwhelming that it bothers me.
Listening to Mike Francessa interview Micheletti is horrific. He doesn't even have good questions to ask. I bet he does not even know that Micheletti isnt even convering the Rangers now that NBC has taken over everything.

The good news is that ice hockey is booming amongst kids (at least in LI, NJ, and CT) so the fan base should/will grow over the next 10 years.

Cliffy1814 is offline   Reply With Quote