View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Weber's trade value is nowhere near the value he gives the team as a potentially good d-man down the road.

The only problem with that, is that for parts of this season he wasn't good enough to be in the top 6 of a weak unit. I hope Weber is with the Habs for years to come.

That's why having Kaberle sucks, because both Diaz and Weber would be assets for this team, and even though they are in fact quite different players, at the same time they have many similiarities and it may not be logical to have them both on the team.

There's going to be a serious logjam on defence in Montreal soon. Maybe Tinordi and Beaulieau will take a couple of years in Hamilton, but it wouldn't surprise me if they both had NHL playing time pedigrees very soon.

One Subban signs that's a lot of money on the "top 4" on defence for Montreal, Markov and Kaberle have just 2 years but thats a long 2 years. Hopefully Kaberle is moved. I don't see his value being as poor as most around here do. He had a short offseason and went from playing on one bad team, to playing on another. Guy's still one of the best in the league at moving the puck out of his own zone. Yes he has defensive shortcomings...and you know what? That's why he got 3 years 4.25 when he hit the open market for the first time in his life. And that was later in the signing period, indicating he wanted more/more years and no one would give it.