View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Dupree13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
Posted this in the 75 thread, but I think it's worth posting again:
From: Devils' Martin Brodeur: Must've been tough for Flyers to talk to themselves (nj.com)

Yes, Flower could have been better. But, it's not like Bryz is really a better goaltender than him.

Yes, our defense could have been better. But, it's not like theirs was any better and weren't battling injuries.

For whatever reason, our team wasn't able to walk away from Philly's ******** and that's really what lost us that series.

Don't get me wrong, I still think this team has system/coaching issues. But if they could have kept their **** together and stayed disciplined ... well, it's a moot point now. The discipline issues fall to both the players as individuals and the coaching staff. Hopefully, next season they don't fall into that trap again.
Yup absolutely. The embarrassing meltdown in Game 3 was the representative moment of a team that was absolutely unhinged in terms of discipline. It's not just taking penalties either, that lack of discipline carries right into execution.

This issue falls squarley on a failure of leadership. It's DB, but it must be said, it's also Sid. He put forth a pretty pathetic display of leadership that series.

Dupree13 is online now   Reply With Quote