View Single Post
Old
03-22-2006, 02:44 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
I'd rather be sitting were we are than out of the race... of course...
that being said, one of my worst moments as a habs fan was a few years back (4-5) when we were in 9th place on the last day of the season. We needed to beat Ottawa in our final game and hope for some help in order to make the playoffs...
We lost, badly (5-2 i think) and it just crushed me. Way worse than most of the other years were we had been out for a while before the end.

I want the habs to win, I'll cheer to the bitter end, and I get it that sports is about disapointment sometimes...
But honestly, I thought these days were well behind us... I thought Bob had the ship pointed in the right direction... I thought we were a SOLID 5-7 east team, not a bubble 7-9,10,11 team. Raising the level of expectation is a tricky thing.
I think Gainey made a mistake not getting more help at the deadline. Not to put us on a cup run, but just enough to make getting a playoff spot a little easier... Salary dump was not what I had in mind, and come playoffs I'll be cursing his name if the habs are on the outside looking in.