View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
I wouldn't go for it this year, I'd shore up the lineup, see what happens, and then go from there. The free agent market next summer looks much better. We'd have to get rid of too many contracts to really build a contender this summer imo. Plus one of Bealieu, Ellis, or Tinordi will be able to make the jump 2013-2014.

Bury Gomez, try and get rid of Kaberle, but it's no big deal if we have to hold onto him.

Re-sign Price to a contract worth about $5.75m a season, Subban on a two-three year contract with $3.5m a season. Re-sign Eller to a two-three year contract worth $1.5m. Re-sign Ryan White, 700k a year. Re-sign Staubitz to a dirt cheap contract.

Sign Jay McClement to centre the fourth line, two years at $1.5 a season. Sign Brandon Prust to a three year contract worth $1.5-2m a season. Sign Brad Boyes to a cheap contract to play on the third line, something like $2-2.5m a season, hope he can bounce back and put up ~15 goals. If I could, I'd sign Chris Kelly to a contract worth about $3.5m a season, but I have a feeling he'll get a big contract like Leino. Sign Aaron Rome to be a depth defenceman, 850k a year. If Chris Stewart becomes available I'd target him too, perfect third liner.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Kelly/Leblanc-Eller-Boyes
Prust-McClement-White/Staubitz

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Karberle-Diaz/Rome