View Single Post
Old
11-24-2003, 04:46 AM
AL-Canadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Not counting this year, Trotz' systems have been very boring, and have produce very little offensive flow.

I still don't know if it's Trotz or just a lack of talent and experience.
Yes to both counts

- lack of talent (beyond Legwand, Hartnell up front and Zidlicky, Timonen and Vokoun in the rear, Preds lack players who would be 1st or 2nd line players on most playoff teams)
- lack of experience (look to the Senators my friends - tons of talent but have had to learn/experience how to win and what it takes to win).

I know you fans REALLY want the Preds to win and win often (me too). However, I use the Sens as the 'model' of how to develop a team for the long haul. It took a number of years for Redden (Hamhuis?), Phillips (Suter possibly), and their forwards (not going to set out the complete comparison of Sens/Preds) to develop into a top 5 level team. When the Sens have a injury, they now can plug in a Scheafer or Rachunek (sp?) to fill the gap. We have ???? that are NHL ready to fill in for Walker and AJ or heaven forbid an injury to Timmonen or Zman.

Trotz's team plays a style that gives the Preds a chance to win most nights. The team just has to bang and muck 100% each night to be successful. That isn't going to happen.

Pred fans - PATIENCE is the key to a still young team.