View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Zorba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For me, not sending Gomez in the AHL is not about him being a bad influence on the team. First, people no **** about how he'd react. Seems he's a nice guy all around, yet that event in his life, we don't know how he'll react. Seems Redden though is doing a good job...why not Gomez?

Yet, I believe that Bergevin MIGHT want to buy his contract based on the fact that he wuold not like to have that distraction and give his new coach a clean slate and really start over.

Though, the funny part is....and what if we buy-out Gomez and suddenly he starts "racking" the points yet again? As if the ex-habs thread needs more things to fill it out....My scenario is that you keep Gomez and make him win his spot. He ends up deserving it...well he stays. He doesn't? Well he's in the AHL. I hope Bergevin thinks that way. I hope that he doesn't feel all obligated to do so for the sake of the Habs being a classy team and so on....it is business after all.
I respect your opinion but there is ZERO chance Gomez will be at training camp wit the Habs. Buying him out and having him on your cap for 4 more years is insane. The only place he belongs is Hamilton.
Gomez Is not a **** disturber and I personally dont believe he will created problems in Hamilton. Wade Redden hasnt said boo in Connecticut and I would expect the same professionalism From Gomez.
The Habs have carried his butt for 2 years, he will have to except the demotion like a man!

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote