View Single Post
Old
05-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Dupree13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
I think Game 3 wasn't just about being undisciplined but they were on the brink of going down 0-3. Having PP goal after PP goal whizz by your 'tender then having chirps/after whistle stuff all game. Pretty tough to keep your composure. As easy as it is to say you would turn away. Try putting yourself in that situation.

It's much easier to turn away from that stuff when you're playing good hockey like the Devils did/were.

Alot of the penalties were ticky tack calls with the Flyers flopping all over the place in our series. I noticed the refs weren't buying alot of it in the Devils series.

Did we play bad? Yep, Terribad.
We're we undisciplined? I would say yes BUT the above compounded everything.
You sound like Orpik and Sid making those excuses. The fact that they were on the brink of going down 0-3 is exactly why they needed to keep their cool. Things were going poorly but it was the first period. Going into meltdown mode at that point was embarrassing.

The fact that these guys defended their own actions, and refused to take responsibility even after getting eliminated, and the way DB just stood there and watched all these issues compounding over the final weeks, is concerning to me. It shows that there could be some major issues in that locker room, like a lack of accountability.

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote