View Single Post
Old
11-24-2003, 05:43 AM
Bruwinz37

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilman
Col has enough offensive d-men, what they need is a quality stay-at-home d-man. Too often the D exposes Abby alone in front of the net, 1st shot Goalie, rebound to d-man.

Gonchar would be kind of useless for COL, they have enough firepower from the blue-line (Morris, Blake).

Beyond this season Kono, Kariya, Salami and Foppa might be gone, so no way in this universe Lacroix would consider trade Tanguay. What would be left? Sakic and Hejduk. I can't imagine he would gamble he can sign couple of 1st/2nd liners from UFA, and there are just too less prospects in the system who can help next season (whenever that will be).

As for the goaltending situation, they will wait until the trade-deadline, Abby will have enough time to play more consistent, then I predict no starting-goalie will be needed. I'd rather think that they will trade for a veteran-insurance-goalie, who could take over in the playoffs if Abby failes.

Now flame me....
Gonchar would be useles for Colorado? Thanks for reminding me why I get so frustrated with reading posts on this board. Do tell how a Norris caliber defenseman would be useless for any team? Good grief....